I was just recovering from my ordeal with Glandular Fever when I had a gem of a message sent to me, saying that I had been nominated for a Sunshine Blog Award! So here, let me explain what that is!
Sunshine Blog Award is a peer based award from fellow bloggers, where someone who writes a blog who has also been nominated for a Sunshine Blog Award, stumbles across blogs themselves and are either inspired or enjoy reading them. They then contact them, explaining that they like their blog and that they would like to nominate them for a Sunshine Blog Award. But of course, there are rules!
1. Thank the blogger (s) who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Answer the questions you’ve been asked,
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
4. Inform them on social media.
5. Display the rules and the Sunshine Blog Awards logo on your post!
So. Let me thank www.endobunny.wordpress.com for nominating me. I feel almost emotional as through my endometriosis flare up, I read her blog so much and found comfort knowing I’m not alone in this. And then to receive a message from her was just amazing! So truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you! Also your 20 things Not to Say to People With Endometriosis was GENIUS! I loved it and it spoke to me. Thank you! Just thank you!
The questions I was asked are as followed, so I will answer them now too!
1. What inspired you to start writing? I have always loved writing, and my head is a very busy place. But I had few people in my love that love makeup as much as I did, and I wanted a little space for my head to write about products I love! And if people read it and find it useful fab. But it is more of a therapy for me. Keeps my normally busy life grounded with a hobby of glitter and makeup and writing all about how it gives me gooey feelings!
2. What are the 2 top things you love to do during the festive period? Does eating count!? Eating the food provides me with great pleasure! But also wrapping presents and seeing people open their presents and show your appreciation for how amazing they are!
3. If you could do anything for a day, what would it be? I would love to be a paramedic for a day. Or ride around in an ambulance and be emotional support for people going through some trauma. I want to be that person I wish I had when I was in ambulances or hospitals when I wasn’t well!
4. What is you’re happiest memory? When we surprised my mum for her 50th with a trip to Vienna the following weekend! Her little face!
5. What one thing would you like your readers and followers to know? Do you find comfort in reading and thing one day, you’d like to do a blog. My biggest thing I want to tell you that you just need to do it. Doesn’t matter if anyone reads it. But if you have that fire in your belly to write down bits and bobs that make YOU happy in a little space online, then just do it! And tell me about it. So I can read it! Because I found blogging so healing for me, and didn’t do it for ages because I didn’t think I’d be good enough. But now I’ve done it, I can’t imagine not doing it! So do it. Just do it!
6. What’s the best thing you have ever received? Respect for my beliefs and wishes in my relationship. If you haven’t already known, about 18 months ago I was in a relationship with someone who tried to mould be into something I wasn’t. Change me into this doting perfect wife. That’s not me. I have very strong beliefs that he found too much. And he did some very cruel accusations. Like me being diseased for example. But when I got with my now boyfriend I was obviously cautious and hurt. And within the few weeks of our relationship I lay down my rules and beliefs. I don’t want children. I get tattooed and will continue to get tattooed until I’m covered. My job is my life, and no one can get in the way of that. I suffer and have suffered from mental health issues all my life. Important things that got in the way last time. And you know what he said. It’s you I want. With all of that. A smile on my face is more important because me being happy makes him happy. And yes, I melted. And of course, I gave him a chance to lay down his rules, and accepted all of them. And we harmonise perfectly. So my darling, if you’re reading this, I love you. Thank you for accepting me, warts and all.
7. What’s the one thing you can’t live without? Art. Be it Makeup, drawing, painting, writing. Some form of expressing my feelings without using my mouth. I’ve never been good at explaining my feelings. But I can write them on here. I can talk about glittery sparkly things to make me feel better when deep down I’m fighting a hard battle. I can paint and draw colourful things to fill my life with bright positivity! It is like smiling. And it makes me feel better.
8. Do you have a dream job? Yes. And it is the job I do now. I’m a tattooist.
9. Describe your blog in 3 words? Inside My Mind.
10. Describe yourself in 3 words? Polite, Generous, Quirky.
11. What are your 5 favourite things about yourself and your life? My family, my boyfriend, my job, my strength and my work ethic.
The 11 blogs I would like to nominate are as followed (alphabetical order). They inspire me to keep writing, keep being me and to be kind to myself. They fill my readers feed with all sorts of positivity, sparkly goodness. I love when one of these guys pops up on my feed! And will always find myself reading their posts!
Blooming Uterus bloominuterus.com
Cheryl’s Archives of Beauty archivesofbeauty.wordpress.com
Endo is a Four Letter Word endoisafourletterword.wordpress.com
Frugal Makeup Junkie frugalmakeupjunkie507059526.wordpress.com
Phenomenally Me thephenomenallyme.wordpress.com
Polished and Inspired polishedandinspired.wordpress.com
RachNevs Beauty Fashion and Lifestyle Blog rachnevsbeauty.com
The Anxiety Cat anxietycat.home.blog
The Girl Who Cried Endo thegirlwhocriedendo.home.blog
You’re a Champion and Youll Always Be A Hero bestdaysareyettocome.wordpress.com
The 11 questions I would like to ask these angels are!
1. What made you come up with the name for your blog?
2. What made you take the plunge for your first blog post?
3. Who inspires you most everyday?
4. If you could have a dinner party with 3 people dead or alive who would they be?
5. Best compliment you’ve ever received?
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years time?
7. Have you got any tattoos or piercings? If so what? If not why?
8. Only allowed 3 items from your house before locking it for a week, what would they be?
9. What song changed your life?
10. One skincare/makeup item you can’t live without?
11. How would you advise your younger self, about life?
Again thank you so much endobunny for the nomination. You’ve honestly made my day! And I had so much fun writing this blog post! I can’t wait to read your responses to your nominations and answers to my questions! You guys keep me reading and keep me writing!
Thanks so much for reading!