I was looking through my blog posts and realised I’ve never done a skin care routine! So I thought I’d show you my current step by step process of how I look after my skin during the colder months! I have gotten into skincare this year and I have enjoyed trying new products and my skin has felt plumper and more hydrated since this!
Now I’ve noticed since I’ve been taking care of my skin, I feel better about myself. If I get a spot I think, oh, that’s needed to come out, thank you products for surfacing it for me! Dry patch, thank you skin for letting me know I’m dehydrated and let me please quench your thirst!
- I normally will always start with a micellar water. Say what you want about the controversy of them not being “as good for your skin” but I really love the ease and quickness. And I wouldn’t leave it just with using my micellar water! Anymore… (she says guiltily remembering when she did it…everyday…). The one I’m currently using is the Nivea MicellAIR Skin Breathe Professional Makeup Remover. I find the ones with oil are a lot better for my skin as they don’t dry them out as much. But also the oil helps remove my waterproof mascara with ease! And I do like this one a lot more than the Garnier Oil Infused Micellar Water…I said it *deep breath*.
- I’ll then second cleanse and in the winter, I LOVE Cleansing Butters as they can emulsify into an oil and it can leave my skin with an oily layer of moisture. Love it. The current one I’m using, and have used for YEARS is The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter. It’s gorgeous.
- I then tone. And I absolutely love Pixi products for toning. I have tried Glow Tonic but I did find it a little harsh for my skin. So I went a notch down with Pixi Rose Tonic and it is gorgeous. It doesn’t sting or tingle. It just removes all of the debris left on my skin beautifully and it leaves my face feeling cooled and super clean!
- Then I use a mist to dilute the toner on my skin. And I cannot begin to describe how much I love the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. It’s freaking expensive, but I know full well I need to buy the full size when this runs out. The mist is so fine, the smell is crazy good and my skin loves it!
- I then use an eye cream. My favourite is The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Eye Mask. I either apply this thickly as a mask, wait 10/20 minutes and remove, or I apply a thin layer as an eye cream. It it reduces my puffiness SO well, something I always suffer from as I wear makeup and try lots of makeup so they always become slightly irritated. This calms it down perfectly!
- I then moisturise. I love lots of various moisturisers that are fab. Honourable mentions… The Body Shop Vitamin E creams! As they are so soothing and so hydrating when my chapped and dry from the harsher winds of the winter. Also the Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre is fantastic when I’ve gone passed chapped and I’m a crusty mess. Nice. But the one I’m enjoying currently is the Clinique Pep Start Hydra Blur Moisturiser. I find it smooths over my pores, and feels like a primer moisturiser! It’s beautiful.
- I then apply a serum. The serum I love because it smells like Parma Violets and has the texture of angel wings is the Your Good Skin Balancing a Skin Concentrate. It is so hydrating, it makes my skin feel so plump and nourished. It has Vitamin C in it which my skin laps up like a parched dog on a summers day! I’ve noticed a genuine improvement in my skin since using this!
- I normally then apply a lip balm. I’ve been loving the Clinique Pep Start Pout Perfecting Balm. It isn’t too think, but it soaks into my lips and really feels lush! It also has a little bit of colour so if I wear that on its own, I don’t look like I have nothing on my lips; everything looks balanced!
Now not only do I do that routine, but I also like to pep my skin up using sheet masks. I freaking LOVE a good mask. My favourite mask ever is the Garnier Moisture Bomb Hydrating Anti Fatigue Mask! I wore this when I had a migraine through all of my illnesses of November and it genuinely made my migraine from a 10/10 out of pain to 6/10 for pain! Like it was still there, but it really helped! I also really love ALL Holika Holika masks but especially the Juicy ones! I wore one in front of my boyfriend when I was ill, and instead of him being repulsed by the way I look in this pale white sheet over my face, he sniffed it and said “Ooo”. It was the Holika Holika Juicy Blueberry Mask. So I have discovered that if you want to break your partner into the look of you in a sheet mask, which we all know is quite a sight, then get one that smells good. Then they’ll hardly notice your appearance and be sniffing your skin all night instead!
Since I’m getting more and more into trying new products frequently and my skin barely had time to catch up, my pores become noticeably larger. So I absolutely love a peel off mask. Pixi T-Zone Peel Off Mask is lush! A lot of peel of masks can be so harsh! BUT this one, is not too aggressive. It peels it off lovely, you get reduced blocked pores but it doesn’t hurt or make you feel like you’re ripping of 6 layers of flesh of your skin. Flesh…good word! Plus it’s a pearlescent pale green. So aesthetically pleasing!
I hope you enjoyed reading how I look after my largest organ! I love cleansers and I’m intrigued by looking into some more, so please send me your recommendations! I want to try the Pixi Rose a Cream Cleanser and the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Cleanser! Any other suggestions?
Thank you so much for reading 💛