Ok…Maybe I have more than just a drawer of makeup…
15 Random Facts About Me
I have seen people do these on their blogs and I really enjoy reading them because you get to know some interesting stuff about the blogger you are reading. They aren’t just a screen, they are actual people! With personalities, likes, dislikes, memories. It’s such a lovely way to get to know…the screen. Anyway, you know what I mean! Hi I’m Emily (inside the makeup drawer) and these are 19 facts about me!
1. I am allergic to reptiles that shed their skin! I discovered this is when I was little, and they thought it would be adorable to get the blonde twins hold the python. Next thing I knew I was being woken up with ice cream shoved in my face trying to cool my down. I went rashy, swollen, all sorts! I can even get itchy when I’m in pet shops with them!
2. I am obsessed with goats. Self confessed crazy goat lady. And I visit 4 of them on a regular basis at a…
4. I hate gravy, custard and liquids that turn gelatinous and grow a skin on top of them. It isn’t even a hate. It is a fear! I HATE them! They give me goosebumps!! Gross!
5. I am a tattooist. That is my job. I basically draw and colour in, all day. It’s the child’s dream!
6. My favourite smell is violets. They are a sweet and powdery smell! It is just divine! I love the Yardley April Violets perfume!
7. I suffer from Endometriosis, a gynaecological disorder where tissue similar to your uterus lining, grows outside the womb. For example mine is in my bladder and around my ovaries. It is very painful, and I’ve had one operation so far. I am also on regular injections to help manage the symptoms. My full story is here : https://insidethemakeupdrawer.wordpress.com/2018/11/19/endometriosis-my-story/
8. I am very interested in meteorology and specifically the violet earth. For example tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanoes the lot. Call it weird but with that comes an obsession with apocalyptic circumstances. Not going to ever want to be in one, I’ll be honest, but I am obsessed.
9. I love 80s films and horror films. The Lost Boys, Gremlins, Rocky, The Final Destinations, Pans Labyrinth and Die Hard are my favourites.
10. My celebrity crush is Alan Rickman. I love him so much, he is tattooed on the back of my thigh, as Severus Snape. I love him…may he rest in peace.
11. I have struggled with my mental health since I was very young. I have emetophobia (fear of vomit) and it gave me my first panic attack when I was 4. So whenever I would go on school trips, be stuck in small classrooms etc, I would be so afraid that someone would be sick. It genuinely terrified me, which made me a very anxious child from the get go. With anxiety, comes depression. I don’t suffer from depression, I just get depressed when my life gets controlled by my anxiety. I have one overwhelming symptom with my anxiety. I hallucinate and hear voices. Specifically one voice. I can delve into that in another blog post if any of you are interested. But I am medicated and have been discharged from all services thanks to coping mechanisms learnt from therapy and having amazing friends and family that support me.
12. I am not only obsessed with tattoo artists. But famous artists and architects too. Frida Kahlo, Salvador Dali, Vincent Van Gogh, Edvard Munch, Gustav Klimt, Antoni Gaudi, Pablo Picasso, Paul Cezanne, Andy Warhol, Keith Haring, Friedrensreich Hundertwasser… All of them. I love!
13. I have two guinea pigs. Paloma, a long haired princess, and Sweetpea, a short haired gangsta. And I have them tattooed on me.
14. I have a bandana in every colour. And whenever I go out, I wear a corresponding bandana to my outfit. It’s an obsession really.
15. I am an identical twin! My sister, Becca, is my best friend! She is deffo more of a skin care goddess than I am. And I always ask her for advice! Which can sometimes be expensive! Opposes! I keep saying she needs to make a blog about her skin care knowledge!
I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me!