I did this a few months ago but as I’m getting more and more into skin care I am discovering more products and have developed certain techniques and trying different things! So I thought I would update you what I use currently!
1. I start off the whole routine with my first cleanse. I use two different cleansers mainly, but don’t always use them both. But I choose between the Glam Glow Galacticleanse or the Pixi Rose Cream Cleanser. They both feel very nourishing and do NOT leave my skin feeling dry and tight; I don’t need to rush to moisturise! I can take my time with my routine and pamper myself.
2. I then double cleanse using the same two products, either or, depending how I feel. The Glam Glow Galacticlease smells like Jaffa Cakes/Terrys Chocolate Orange which can sometimes be overpowering. However sometimes is just what I NEED! The Pixi Rose Cream Cleanser is a lot softer in fragrance and isn’t overkill! It’s very pampering!
3. I then tone my skin. My sister is so proud of me as I’m finally using an exfoliating toner. I use Pixi Glow Tonic. I’m not gonna lie it tingles a bit, I have very sensitive skin, but not in a bad way. It doesn’t sting; just tingle! But it smells lovely and clean and really does tone my skin beautifully.
4. I then neutralise the acid in the toner with a hydrating spray or mist. I’m currently using the Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist. For how expensive this mist, I only feel ih about it. It does mist the face lovely, but I loved my Caudalie Beauty Elixir so much that I had high hopes for this. But as it’s so expensive I am using it up!
5. I then apply a serum. I’m currently using The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%. I got this in my March LookFantastic box on holy moly, this stuff feels divine. It makes my skin feel sticky but it dries so quickly and leaves a lovely film of nourishment in my skin. It’s just gorgeous!
6. I then moisturise my skin. Currently I’m using Glam Glow Waterburst Hydrated Glow Moisturiser. What is it with all Glam Glow products literally smelling edible. They are just gorgeous! And this smells like bubblegum. It sinks into my skin so quickly and literally turns to a serum/water on my skin as I rub it in. It’s just a lovely moisturiser.
7. I then apply an eye cream. I am loving the Algenist Complete Eye Renewing Balm. It is quite thick, which I need as I get such dry eyes! Because they are super weepy. It sinks in slowly which I like as, as I go to bed it is still there and I have watery eyes as I sleep so it creates a barrier and still lets the product sink in.
8. I then apply lip balm. I’m loving the EOS Lip Balm in Wild Berry. Tastes delicious. Feels so hydrating! What more could you want from a lip balm.
I love masks so much and like to apply them 2 or 3 times a week. I use sheet masks when I need to relax as I can’t draw or do anything when I have one on. I just need to lie there, put YouTube on and relax. My favourite one is the Garnier Moisture Boost Super-Hydrating De-Tiring Mask. But if I am very busy and have lots of emails and drawing to do, then I love peel off masks or hydrating masks. My favourite peel off mask right now is the Glam Glow Gravity Mud Firming Treatment, it kind of smells like a cocktail with wine in it, but I really like it! I don’t drink but I love the smell of certain alcohols. But this peels off beautifully, isn’t too harsh, and leaves my skin feeling purified. Even my boyfriend enjoyed this mask! We watched Grease, put this on, and I very much enjoyed peeling it off him! I love love love the Pixi Glow O2 Oxygen Mask. I feel like a Science teacher using it as it foams when it reacts to the oxygen in the air and on your skin! It is so purifying and leaves my skin feeling so clean. I’m also loving the No7 Hydrating Mask and the Nip + Fab Dragons Blood Jelly Mask. They feel lovely and smooth on the skin, can tingle a bit, but I feel like that means it’s working. It soaks into the skin, leaves a film on the skin and then you rinse it off and you’re left with glowing hydrated skin. It’s delightful. For an overnight mask I love the Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask and it’s so beautiful. It simply feels like a rich moisturiser but as it sits on the skin it feels so nourishing and leaves layer of moisture on your skin as you sleep. It doesn’t stain or transfer on your pillows either! Win win.
And that is my updated skincare routine. I hope you enjoyed it, let me know what your favourite skin care product is of the minute! I love a mask recommendation too! Really want to try the Glow Recipe Watermelon Overnight Mask but damn that bitch be £40!! Maybe when I have a good earning week I’ll take the plunge!
Thank you so much for reading! 💛✨